Many people who try to play Tower of Fantasy get error 5 and can’t play the game. This error happens on the login screen and can also show up as a Server Error message followed by the code ID:5/10004. This mistake seems to happen for no reason and doesn’t seem to go away on its own. Here’s how to fix Error 5 in Tower of Fantasy.
Just put your login information on the login screen over and over again. Error 5 has been said to be fixed many times in this way. If the problem goes away after 10–15 minutes, you’re done. If not, keep reading.
Check Your Internet Connection
The game might not be able to log in because the internet connection is not stable enough. To fix this, try restarting your internet modem and checking all of your connection wires or calling your internet service provider, preferably after using a reliable internet speed tester to check the speed and stability of your connection.
Run It as An Administrator
You might not be able to log in to Tower of Fantasy because of a firewall or some other rule. Running Tower of Fantasy as an administrator is a surefire and easy way to fix this. To do this, right-click the game’s executable file and choose “Run as administrator.” When prompted, click “Yes” to continue.
Error 5 in Tower of Fantasy could be caused by a problem with the server. A VPN is a good way to deal with the problems this causes. Your IP address will change if you use a VPN. Now, if the servers are down, it’s possible that the servers in the region where your IP is set may be up and running, letting you play the game.
Change Your DNS settings
DNS is a part of our networking systems that lets us talk to servers and communicate with them. If you change your DNS address, you can fix the Tower of Fantasy Error 5. So as not to waste your time with useless details, here’s how to do it:
- Open your Settings.
- Click “Network & Internet” and keep going.
- Click on Change Adapter Options in the Advanced Network Settings.
- You should be on the screen called “Network Connections.”
- Double-click on your network type. And choose properties to move on to the next step.
- Go ahead and click Properties on the window that appears. Scroll down the list of items that you see and select the Internet Protocol Version 4 option.
- In the end, you’ll put the alternate DNS settings in the Properties menu. Click on the Use the following DNS server addresses option, as shown in the image below, and type 126.96.36.199 in the Preferred DNS server field.
- You’ll then have to enter 188.8.131.52 in the specified area for the Alternate DNS server. As soon as you’re done with all that, don’t forget to check the box beside Validate settings upon exit to save your progress. Once you’ve done all that, finalize the procedure by clicking on OK.
That’s everything we can do to fix Tower Of Fantasy Error 5. If you’re having problems with other PC games or your PC, check out our hub for common PC problems and how to fix them.