Danny Trejo is a well-known American actor of Mexican descent. He has acted in several TV and film projects, mostly portraying villains or anti-heroes. He is specifically known for his roles in Heat (1995), Desperado (1995), Con Air (1997), and Spy Kids (2001). Have a look at quick facts to know the Danny Trejo height.
Quick Facts and Body Statistics:
- Real name: Danny Trejo
- Date of birth: May 16, 1944
- Place of birth: Echo Park, Los Angeles, California, United States
- Age: 78 years (As of 2022)
- Nationality: American
- Horoscope: Taurus
- Occupation: Actor
- Weight: 168 lbs (76 kg)
- Height: 5’6″ (167 cm)
- Instagram: @officialdannytrejo
- Twitter: @officialDannyT
Further details about Danny Trejo
- On May 16, 1944, Trejo was born in Echo Park Los Angeles, California, USA, to Dionisio Trejo, a construction worker, and Alice Rivera. He used to work as a labor supervisor before entering into the acting career.
- Although he has mostly played the role of antagonists, director Rodriguez has always taken him in righteousness that the audience can empathize with.
- In 2001, Trejo first appeared in the film Spy Kids. He also acted in its sequels, ‘Spy Kids 2: The Island of Lost Dreams (2002), ‘Spy Kids 3-D: Game Over’ (2003), and ‘Spy Kids: All the Time in the World’ (2011).
- Trejo is specifically famous for playing the character of ‘Machete.’ In 2010, the film ‘Machete ‘in which Trejo was in the lead role premiered to admiring reviews and made $14 million in its first week at the box office in America. The film is about a bloody and brutal tale of hate and vengeance. In its sequel ‘Machete Kills’ (2013), Trejo repeated the character, which honored him with an ‘Eye gore Award.’
- In 2007, Trejo got the ‘Best Actor Award’ for ‘Valley of Angels’ at the ‘New York International Independent Film and Video Festival.’ He was welcomed into the ‘Texas Film Hall of Fame’ on March 8, 2012.
- Danny Trejo tied the knot with actress and realtor Debbie Shreve on December 12, 1997. Together, they have two children, Gilbert and Danielle. After 12 years of marriage, they got divorced in 2009. Trejo also has other kids, Danny Boy, Jose, and Esmeralda, from his other relationships.
FAQ about Danny Trejo
Q: How was Trejo’s childhood?
A: Trejo had a tough childhood. During that period, he started taking drugs and spent a considerable time of his youth in prison. During his imprisonment, he took part in a 12-step program to effectively overcome his drug addiction.
Q: For which film did Trejo get the ‘Best Picture Trophy’?
A: For his film ‘The Weight of Blood and Bones’ (2015), Trejo got the ‘Best Picture Trophy’ (shared with Chris Eckstein) at the 2016 ‘United International Film Festival.’
Q: How is Trejo related to director Rodriguez?
A: Trejo is a second cousin of filmmaker Robert Rodriguez, though the two were unaware about it until the filming of Desperado.
Q: What is Danny Trejo’s net worth?
A: The net worth of Danny Trejo is $8 million as of 2022. He has saved plenty of money by appearing in many films throughout his career.
Beautiful Pictures of Danny Trejo